Porsche announces 2023 software update for Taycan, free of charge
Regardless of model year, your Taycan can be updated to 2023 version for free
Porsche recently announced that all Taycan model variants can now be brought up to the status of the 2023 model year with a software update. The update will be implemented on a market-specific basis.
Depending on when your Taycan was delivered, you will benefit from an increase in powertrain efficiency as well as new functions and improvements in the Porsche Communication Management (PCM), Porsche Connect and assistance systems.
The update also includes the option of having individual functions and equipment unlocked after purchase (function on demand, FoD) and will enhance the over-the-air (OTA) update capability of all Taycan models. The update is free for customers, and can be carried out during a visit to a Porsche service workshop.
According to Porsche, the precise scope of the update, and the duration of the necessary workshop visit, depend on the specific software status of the Taycan in question. The older the car is, the more improvements and innovations will be installed.
That being said, below is the list of updates and the results at a glance:
- In the ‘Normal’ and ‘Range’ driving modes in all-wheel drive models, in partial load operation the front electric motor is almost completely disconnected and de-energised. While coasting and at a standstill, both axles are free of drive torque.
- All-wheel drive indicator is now shown as an energy-flow indicator in the central display.
- Energy recuperation strategy has also been optimised.
- Better conditioning of the battery enables the Taycan to be rapidly charged more frequently overall and over a wider range of battery charge levels (SoC).
- Greater range and shorter charging times.
Porsche Communication Management (PCM) and Porsche Connect
- A colourful tile design on the start screen and even greater ease of use are the hallmarks of the model upgrades in this area. In Taycan models produced in the 2020 and 2021 model years and up to mid-February 2022, the update optimises the voice control and integrates the Spotify app.
- Android Auto is available wirelessly. Charging stations can be filtered and selected in the navigation system based on charging capacity. Drivers of 2021 model year Taycan models with a head-up display can look forward to the optimised view of the navigation map, among other elements.
- The display contents have been expanded. For all Taycan models prior to the 2023 model year, the on-board operating instructions can now also be used via voice control.
- ParkAssist function now work with a greater range. The search for available parking spaces has been improved as well, so that now even smaller spaces are offered to the driver as an option.
Unlocking functions after vehicle purchase
- All Taycan models of from the 2020, 2021 and 2022 model years are now also eligible, on request, for the keyless opening function (comfort access) for the doors and tailgate. The option of over-the-air (OTA) software updates has now also been further expanded for the new model year.