2023 Perodua Axia D74A launched - 4 variants, no manual, From RM38,600
Perodua aims to sell 5,700 units per month
After much anticipation, Perodua today finally took the wraps off the all-new D74A Perodua Axia in Kuala Lumpur.
Available in four variants, the pricing of the all-new Axia is as mentioned below:
- Perodua Axia G - RM38,600
- Perodua Axia X - RM40,000
- Perodua Axia SE - RM44,000
- Perodua Axia AV - RM49,500
All variants you see above will be powered by the same 1.0-litre three-cylinder petrol engine as before, producing 67 hp and 91 Nm of torque. Paired with the engine is a D-CVT transmission which replaces the outgoing 4-speed automatic gearbox.
For now, there is no manual variant but the folks at Perodua shared that it will be released later on, to be used by driving schools and what not. Fuel economy on the other hand is rated at 27.4 km/l.
Sitting on the Daihatsu New Global Architecture (DNGA) platform, the all-new Axia will be available in five colours - Granite Grey, Lava Red, Glittering SIlver, Ivory White (solid), as well as a new colour called Coral Blue.
Featuring a fresh new design, the Axia has gone through some serious enhancements, especially in terms of styling, space, safety.
Key features include powered side mirrors, digital air-cond control, a fully digital 7-inch TFT display like the one in the Ativa, an extensive list of safety and driver assistance features like Front Collision Avoidance, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, and a reverse camera among others.
Having received a 4-star ASEAN NCAP rating, the all-new Perodua Axia has received more than 6,500 bookings to date.
The company's president and CEO Dato Sri Zainal Abidin Ahmad said that the company aims to sell 5,700 units per month, and that it will bump-up production to 82,000 units per year in order to achieve the sales target.
That being said, below is the list of the Axia's standard features:
- Halogen headlights with Auto OFF
- Standard fabric seats
- Manual folding side mirrors
- 14-inch alloy wheels
- Electric Power Steering
- Body colour front grille
- LCD Multi Info Display
- Body Colour door handle
- Standard audio with MP3 and Bluetooth
- 2 speakers
- Urethane Steering wheel
- 2 airbags
- ABS with EBD and BA
- Vehicle Stability Control (VSC)
- Traction Control
- Emergency Stop Signal (ESS)
- Hill-Start Assist (HSA)
- ISOFIX System with Top Tether
The Axia X gets additional features like:
- LED headlights with Auto ON-Off and Leaving Home Function
- 4 Speakers
- Front Corner Sensor
- Rear Sensor
The Axia SE gets even more goodies such as:
- Daytime Running Lights
- Leather gear lever
- Chrome inside door handles
- Semi bucket fabric seats
- Digital Air Cond Control
- Steering Wheel with Power Mode button
Last but not least, the Axia AV gets:
- Chrome front grille
- Front and side skirtings
- Rear spoiler
- Electric and Auto Folding side mirrors with LED turn signals
- 7-inch TFT Multi Info Display
- Semi Bucket Semi Leather Seats with contrasting Stitching
- 9-inch Display Audio with USB, HDMI, Smart Link, Bluetooth
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Steering Wheel Control for Audio and Voice Command
- 6 airbags
- Perodua Smart Drive Assist with Pre-Collision Warning, Pre-Collision Braking, Pedal Misoperation Control, Front Departure Alert, Lane Departure Warning, Blind Spot Monitor, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Reverse Camera, Rear Sensor, Auto High Beam.