KTM is planning to take over the hyper-naked bike segment in the form of its latest 2021 KTM 1290 Super Duke RR. Being the first beast from KTM to wear the 'RR' badge, this limited edition model focuses on one thing and one thing only - pure, raw performance.
Equipped with a new 1,301cc V-Twin engine, the Super Duke RR produces a massive 180hp and 140Nm of maximum torque. Paired with a weight of only 180kg, this track-oriented hyper-naked monster has a power-to-weight ratio of 1:1, or one horsepower per kilo. And that's just bonkers for a motorcycle.
It's essentially a KTM 1290 Super Duke R that went to the gym and got super buffed and shed some weight in the process. KTM achieved this by using a lot of carbon fibre like its subframe and bodywork, ultra-light wheels (wrapped with Michelin Power Cup2 tyres), lightweight lithium-ion battery, plus many more.
The chassis is further enhanced with the additions of:
- New quick-turn throttle twist grip
- Fully adjustable WP Apex Pro 7548 Close Cartridge forks + WP Apex Pro 7117 steering damper
- Fully adjustable Apex Pro 7746 Rear Shock (custom made for the Super Duke RR)
- Track and Performance modes (adjustability for rear-wheel slip, throttle response, Launch Control, and Motor Slip Regulation)
- Brembo Stylema brake package (twin 320mm front + four-port, single 240mm rear + twin-port) + many more
There's no word on the pricing yet, but considering that there will only be 500 units available, we're guessing that it won't be cheap, either. It takes some serious cash to own one and if one is brave enough, you'll be dragging elbows all day long in track days. Ready to Race? More like Ready to Beast.